Pages

Thursday, September 1, 2011

More Experiments

More experiments in the kitchen... I can make quite the mess.


I can't believe it's already September 1st. Fall is approaching and that makes me a very happy girl. Fall and winter are my favorite! I love the cozy feeling the seasons bring and thinking back, most of my happiest times have taken place during this time of year. I think Amber was feeling a bit nostalgic too since she chose a few fall flavors for this weeks menu. Since Thursday is our slow day we got out of the kitchen pretty early this morning. On my drive home I was thinking of what I wanted to make for breakfast. Buckwheat pancakes... I always crave them. I thought I would try something new by making a carrot spice version.


As much as I love using buckwheat for my batter, I always have trouble with it when adding other ingredients. I tried making a raspberry apple variation the other day but they completely fell apart and failed as pancakes. It turned out more like porridge. 
This still needs some tweaking but for todays experiment I added 1 egg white and 1 teaspoon grape seed oil along with shredded carrot, vanilla extract, and yacon syrup to my original recipe


I made a creme top with two parts mascarpone, one part plain greek yogurt and cinnamon. A few drops of stevia were added for sweetness. I finished these off with walnuts, a drizzle of yacon syrup and some leftover shredded carrot.


I felt a bit like Joy the Baker while eating these as I stood over my counter.


No comments:

Post a Comment