Pages

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Dinner for One

The weather was so awesome today! On my drive to work I saw lightning and after about an hour or so of being in the kitchen I smelled wet asphalt. That by the way is my most favorite smell ever. I am so in love with the rain I should probably be living in Portland. I looked outside and sure enough it was raining! It cleared up for a little bit in the afternoon but the clouds returned and showed off a beautiful sky. I took this on my walk home from the gym.


As I walked home I thought of what I could make myself for dinner. I had leftover pizza sauce from lunch yesterday and extra zucchini I had picked up to make muffins. I also had half of a gluten free pizza crust... Sometimes you just want to make half of a pizza. I decided to make zucchini noodle pasta with green beans and kale and rosemary garlic flatbread.


 The zester I have has these little rings on the end which is perfect for making zucchini noodles. I used 1 1/2 zucchini. Once you have your noodles made, blanch them in boiling water for about a minute. Strain and rinse with cold water. Set aside until ready to mix with sauce. In my bamboo steamer, I steamed green beans and kale for a few minutes. I like my veggies to still have a little crunch. I added the greens beans first because they take longer to cook.

Now for the flatbread. I minced one clove garlic and placed in a small bowl with a little olive oil. Brush on to the pizza crust and top with rosemary and a sprinkle of salt. I used some of the course ground pink Himalayan salt. Bake in the oven at 400 degrees for about 5-8 minutes.




While my flatbread was in the oven I finished my pasta. In a small saucepan I heated some of the leftover pizza sauce. I added the zucchini noodles, kale, greens beans and stirred gently to coat them completely. Once hot, I plated them and sprinkled with hemp seeds.


No comments:

Post a Comment