Pages

Friday, September 9, 2011

Pizza Pizza

Like I have said before, Udi's makes the best gluten free pizza crust. Two crusts come per package so I will share two different pizza recipes. After adding sauce and toppings, bake according to instructions on package. I always like to bake a little longer for a really crispy crust.

The first recipe is for a vegetarian pizza. Hummus was used in place of traditional pizza sauce. I love the flavor it adds to the pizza. Daiya vegan mozzarella cheese was sprinkled on and topped with zucchini, yellow squash, red onion, and basil.



This next recipe was created today for my lunch and it's probably one of my favorites that I've made so far. Tomato sauce was used as the base and topped with goat milk cheddar. I found this cheese at Trader Joe's, it's delicious. The rest of the pizza was topped with salami, prosciutto, lots of red pepper flakes, fresh garlic, tomatoes, red bell peppers, basil, and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.


On my way home from work this afternoon I stopped at Finley Organic Farms. They have their little farm stand set up and you pay by the honor system. It's so nice to have places like this in town. I usually get most of my produce from them on Wednesdays at the farmers market but I didn't make it this week. The red bell peppers and tomatoes I purchased were used to top my pizza. 



 
The zucchini I bought was turned into gluten free zucchini carrot and raisin muffins. First time using my muffin top pan! The tops are the best part anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment