Pages

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Buckwheat Carob Pancakes


 A few weeks ago Amber told me about foodgawker. I was familiar with craftgawker, but one dedicated to food? I was in love the first time I set my eyes on this site. All the photos are so beautiful and everything looks delicious. I have the app on my phone now so before bed I find myself browsing though all the yummy goodness, getting inspired... and hungry. I've been drawn to posts from The Healthy Foodie. Black Forest pancakes and chocolate cherry buckwheat bake. I love how she likes to indulge (but in a healthy way) for breakfast. Her photos are lovely to look at as well. I really like her styling. I woke up this morning craving pancakes after reading her latest post last night. I'm always trying to create new recipes for pancakes so I tried making a blend with almond and coconut flour. It was an epic fail. After rinsing all my dishes I used the recipe I usually work with.

3 tablespoons buckwheat flour
1 tablespoon ground flax
Enough almond milk to give the batter a semi-runny consistency.
(These pancakes are not fluffy. They come out more like thick crepes.)

To make these pancakes decadent, I added 1 tablespoon carob powder and a few drops of liquid stevia to the batter.

I topped them with peanut butter and a dollop of plain Greek yogurt. For the syrup, I mixed cinnamon flax oil and agave syrup together. They were so yummy.



No comments:

Post a Comment