Pages

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Sun Tacos

 Tuesday night, I spent the evening with one of my best friends. She lives down in Santa Barbara so we have to plan our hangout time around our work schedules. We used to be roommates and cook dinner together all the time. It was so much fun to be able to do that again. Having both worked in the deli at New Frontiers, we loved eating the Sun Tacos. I've totally been obsessed with them lately and have been making different variations. We decided to make our own version for dinner. 


 To accompany our tacos, we made a salad with red bell peppers, carrots, and sprouted pumpkin seeds.


Our version of Sun Tacos
Spread a thin layer of yellow miso on a corn tortilla... we each made two.
Top with sunflower seeds and Daiya Mozzerella Cheese. This is by far the best vegan cheese I have ever had. When melted, it actually tastes like real cheese. 
Place in the oven at 350° until cheese is melted.
Top with broccoli sprouts, avocado, onion, carrots and red bell pepper.


Breakfast the next morning after an early spin class.
Greek yogurt with sprouted pumpkin seeds and homemade granola made by Kayla's roommate. It was so yummy!


I told you I was obsessed with these tacos. For dinner last night I made them with zucchini, pumpkin seeds, sage cheddar cheese, green bell pepper, onion, and carrots.

No comments:

Post a Comment