Pages

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Sunday Fun With Amber and Opal

I must say I have the best boss in the whole wide world. Work never really feels like work. I get to make cupcakes and hang out with an amazing woman who has been a very influential part of my life for the past year and a half.  This morning we decided to take a little day trip up to San Luis Obispo. Amber could tell I was down about some things and wanted to help take my mind off it.


 We stopped for lunch at Sally Loo's. I loved the laid back atmosphere of this place and also how Brandon and Jen named their cafe after their beloved pit bull. It was nice finally getting to meet Jen in person. I follow her on Instagram and always see postings of the yummy food being served at the cafe. We did some coloring with Opal, Amber's daughter and my favorite little buddy, while waiting for our food.
 

Rosemary, bacon, egg, and cheese stuffed croissant sandwich. Knowing these sell out fast, Amber called in this morning to have them save us two... That was sweet of them to do. We had the best ginger iced tea. I later found this tea at the Secret Garden Herb Shop. It's Sally Loo's special blend.



Ever since I discovered chipotle chili powder at the Secret Garden Organic Herb Shop I have been addicted to it. I use it often in cooking homemade kale chips, salad dressings, dips, scrambled eggs, and veggies. My favorite use is for seasoning onions. In a bowl I add sliced yellow onion, a little bit of olive oil and chipotle chili powder. Mix well to distribute evenly. Lay out on a baking sheet and bake in the oven at 350° until onions are soft and tender. These are great on tacos and burgers. 



I love the selection of herbs and spices this shop carries. They have the best selection of teas.


I came home with lots of goodies and a much happier state of mind. Spending the day with Amber and Opal was so much fun. We had long talks in the car about Disneyland and Sea World and Opal came up with the most hilarious song I now have stuck in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment