Pages

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Healthy Burger, No Fries


My mind has been a bit fuzzy lately, so I knew I needed to add some more protein into my diet.  I do love a good steak (hormone and antibiotic free, of course) but  I'm terrible at preparing them at home.  Burgers are easier.  I seasoned ground beef with a little salt, pepper, and cayenne.  I cooked it on my mini George Foreman grill.  It's great to use for grilling vegetables, which is what I did with the bell pepper on my salad.  For the burger "bun" I used Julian Bakery dinner bread.  Its wheat-free and delicious.  They add rosemary, which gives it a really yummy flavor.  I always love this bread toasted.  On one slice I spread horseradish and Dijon mustard.  I just discovered this mustard from True Natural Taste the other day at the the health food store. It's wheat and gluten free, organic, and made with cider vinegar.  On the other toasted slice of bread I spread some hummus.  I've been on a hummus kick lately so I'm eating it with everything. The salad consists of arugula, grilled red bell pepper, feta cheese, ground flax seeds and a dressing of olive oil, flax oil, and lemon juice. This is a healthy alternative to a burger and fries.

No comments:

Post a Comment