Pages

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Peanut Butter Carob Chip Cookie Dough...Yes, It's sugar free!

 

 Being on such a restricted diet where I can't even eat fruit makes it difficult to really satisfy my sweet tooth. Anyone who knows me, knows how much I love sweets. I do have to say, with all the restrictions, it forces me to be much more creative in my dessert making abilities. As always, I was browsing through foodgawker last night before going to bed. I came across a post from Chocolate Covered Katie. It was for No Sugar Cookie Dough Dip. I read through the recipe but it called for dates. Since I always like to alter recipes anyway I figured I would try to make a variation sans the dates. This morning after I got home from work and made some yummy breakfast tacos, I started thinking about that cookie dough again. Time for another experiment in my kitchen... these are my favorite ways to pass time. Being just an experiment, the recipe does not have exact measurements. Here it is if anyone would like to try it.

Peanut Butter Carob Chip Cookie Dough
Approx 3/4 can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
3 Tablespoons crunchy peanut butter
Scant 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
Pinch of salt and pinch of baking soda
3 Tablespoons almond milk
About a dropper full of liquid stevia

Blend in food processor until smooth. You may need to stop and scrape down the sides a few times.
Transfer into a bowl and fold in about a handful of unsweetened carob chips.
Enjoy right away or place the fridge.
I did both... I'm saving the rest for later.


My breakfast tacos... These were seriously good.


No comments:

Post a Comment