Pages

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Broccoli Cheddar Quiche

So here is my quiche. I would say my first attempt came out quite well. After waiting for almost two hours I had a piece for breakfast. When I came back from yoga I had a piece for lunch with an arugula salad. I have never been a big fan of quiche but as I was browsing though foodgawker last night one of the photos caught my eye. It was a broccoli cheddar quiche with a brown rice crust. It looked so yummy. I had broccoli, cheese, and eggs in my fridge but no brown rice precooked. I decided I would try to make something in the morning with a different crust.


After I got up this morning, I did a quick search online for a gluten free quiche recipe. I came upon this recipe from Gluten Free Life. I made the crust according to the recipe. I added dried oregano, thyme, and red chili flakes.
For the filling I used 2 eggs plus 1/2 cup egg whites, 1/4 cup almond milk, 1 cup broccoli florets, and 1/2 cup goat milk cheddar. I baked my quiche in a souffle dish so it took a bit longer to cook than the recipe says. I'm definitely going to play around with the recipe. The almond crust came out kinda crumbly but that's common with gluten free flours. On my next attempt, I'm thinking of adding ground flax to the crust. Anyone have any other ideas??


Here is a pretty picture of the sky I took earlier from the parking at the gym. I'm hoping for more rain tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment