Pages

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Kettle Corn... With a Kick



I would like to share my version of healthy kettle corn. I thought up this recipe out of desperation for something sweet tonight. It was sweet, spicy, and satisfying for my sugar craving without actually giving in to eating sugar. This snack is also suitable for vegan and gluten free diets.
Yesterday was the first time I made popcorn on the stove. I can't believe I've never made it before. It's so easy and fun. I found a recipe online which I based mine off of from NovelEats
Samantha is a vegan food blogger and shares lots of yummy recipes. 

For my version, I cut the quantities in half using 1 Tablespoon grapeseed oil, 1/6 cup organic popcorn kernels, and a pinch of salt.
Add one packet of truvia sweetener to the oil and salt.
Once the popcorn is popped and ready, transfer into a bowl and sprinkle with cinnamon and cayenne. I used generous amounts of both. Toss to mix well and enjoy your sweet treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment