Pages

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Farmers Market Find

 

I love stumbling upon new produce as I make my way through the farmers market each week. It encourages me to research or ask how such things should be prepared and also give my palate something new to experience. This past Wednesday I found myself standing over a bin full of lemon cucumbers. How is it possible I've never heard of these before? Feeling like I should know, I purchased one to try. Not knowing if it was going to be more like a lemon or cucumber on the inside, I searched for a recipe online. Have Knifes Will Cook shares a yummy lemon cucumber and tomato salad recipe. Only having one cucumber, I cut this recipe in half and used an heirloom tomato also purchased from the farmers market. The basil was some I picked up at the health food store this morning. For the dressing, I used apple cider vinegar and Udo's DHA oil blend. Udo's offers an awesome vegan sourced DHA from algae. It is this algae that fish consume to obtain their levels of omega 3's.

  

The end result... delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment