Pages

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Ravioli


On my list of New Year's resolutions, time management will be one of them. I feel like I have been so busy, I haven't had time to post any updates. I did also hurt my hand so it's taking me a bit longer to get my daily tasks done. In this post I will be showcasing a yummy dish that one of my good friends prepared. Randi has been one of my best friends since the sixth grade. She's been up in San Francisco at the Art Institute studying in their culinary program. We haven't seen each other in a whole year so we were thrilled to get together while she was visiting for Christmas. After a little trip to Trader Joe's and the farmers market we had what needed to make lunch. We got store bought ravioli but the star of the meal was the infused olive oil she created as the pasta sauce. It was so easy to make. Just sauté onion and garlic in olive oil and keep on a low heat for about 10 minutes. Right before serving she mixed in fresh tomato and arugula and sprinkled on some parmesan cheese. I usually only eat brown rice pasta but this was so delicious. I'm going to try and make my own variation very soon.

Check out Randi's video debut for the Art Institutes pastry tutorial. 
I love her and miss her already.

No comments:

Post a Comment