Pages

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Breakfast Sweet Potatoes


Instead of the standard russet potatoes for breakfast why not try sweet potatoes instead? They are a good source of Vitamin A and C as well as B6, potassium, and fiber. After my boss, Amber, was talking about breakfast potatoes at work, I was craving them when I got home. I cut half of a sweet potato into chunks and steamed them for a few minutes until semi-tender. In a pan I heated grapeseed oil and sauteed some chopped onions. I added the sweet potatoes and after about five minutes of cooking, I added green bell pepper and fresh cayenne peppers. I've never seen the fresh peppers before so I was so excited to find them at the farmers market. I use dried cayenne powder regularly in soups, stir ftys, and in tea as a warming tonic.  To go along with my breakfast potatoes I steamed kale and topped it with a poached egg.

1 comment: