Pages

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Roasted Tomato And Carrot Soup


Last week, one of my friends gave me a bag full of tomatoes from her friends garden. I was adding them to my salads but the bag still remained full of tomatoes . Not wanting them to go bad, I decided I would make soup. The weather has been cooling down so it was a good day for soup. I looked on foodgawker for inspiration. Recipes always intimidate me so I took bits and pieces and just kinda went with it. The result came out very well for my first attempt. Now all I need is some bread and cheese. Grilled cheese and tomato soup is the absolute best combination!

Roasted Tomato And Carrot Soup
(This is not a formal recipe. I was experimenting with this but the result turned out great! )

Ingredients:
2-3 pounds tomatoes. (I'm estimating how much I had on hand)
3 medium carrots, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
fresh basil leaves/dried basil (I used both. Our little basil plant isn't doing so hot right now.)
salt and pepper to taste
cayenne, more or less depending on how spicy you want your soup. 


I roasted the tomatoes with olive oil and a little salt at 400 degrees for about 12-15 minutes. 
In a small pan I sauteed the garlic. 
It wasn't until the last minute I decided to add carrots. I steamed them. I'll be roasting them the next time I make this soup. 



I added tomatoes, garlic and carrots to the blender along with salt, pepper, cayenne, and basil.
Puree until thick and creamy. My mom and I then enjoyed a cup of yummy tomato soup with a dollop of Greek yogurt on top.



No comments:

Post a Comment