Pages

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Veggie Tacos


Wow it's been awhile since I've shared any of my culinary creations. I think it's funny how my last post was on tacos and now I'm sharing another taco recipe in honor of Cinco de Mayo. These veggie tacos are inspired by the Sun Tacos from New Frontiers, the health food store where I work.  If you've ever had them you know how yummy they are. They start out with two corn tortillas and spread miso on each one. They add cheese and sunflower seeds and toast until the cheese is melted. Then they top them with lettuce, onions, tomatoes, sprouts, and avocado. Using what I had in my kitchen, I spread miso on two corn tortillas and sprinkled pumpkin seeds and jack cheese. After letting it toast I topped them with a mico green mix purchased at the farmers market along with onions, artichoke hearts, and tomato. I ended up adding a little salsa too. It was almost as good as having the real thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment