Pages

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Gluten Free and Sugar Free Pancakes


I ♥ pancakes. They are great because you can prepare them so many different ways depending on what fruits or nuts you like. My favorite is banana chocolate chip but since I must watch my sugar intake again I need to find an alternative. I usually use Pamela's gluten free pancake flour but I've been trying to create my own mix using buckwheat flour as the base. I just love the taste, it has a very hardy flavor. I'm also using almond flour, and ground flax seeds in the mix. In my batch this morning I added chia seeds and Healthforce's Warrrior Food. It's their protein powder which consists of organic brown rice and hemp protein along with herbs and enzymes. I topped these pancakes with strawberries and a "no sugar added" fig spread by St. Dalfour. This spread is absolutely divine...so yummy. 
Because maple syrup is high in sugar, I made my own syrup by combining cinnamon flax oil (this was all I had at home but regular flax oil would work just as well), yacon syrup and a few drops of stevia. Once I get all the tweaks worked out in my flour blend I will post the recipe.




No comments:

Post a Comment