Pages

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Veggie Tacos

It's been far too long since I've done a new post. A lot has been going on but that's really not an excuse. My visit to the doctor earlier this week has forced me to become strict with my diet again. I swear this candida is going to be the end of me. I have been dealing with this for about three years now. I know I could have gotten rid of it if I had stuck with the proper diet but I always gave in to sugar. I should rephrase my previous statement and say that sugar is going to be the end of me. That is why I have given it up once again. I'm so tired of feeling sick all the time. I'm determined to overcome this for good. Today is day 5. The doctor gave me an herbal formula as well as a high dose probiotic. The supplement protocol will last around a month and a half. If things are looking good I will start to incorporate low sugar fruits back into my diet at that time.
As for now it's lots of veggies. Since I have been so horrible at keeping up with this, here are a few instagram shots of my meals lately.



I made veggie tacos for lunch today.  They were delicious. 


I started out by roasting a pasilla chile in the oven at 400 degrees until tender.  I wasn't keeping track but I would say it took around 20-30 minutes.
On two corn tortillas, I spread hummus and topped them with shredded goat milk cheddar. These were placed in the oven after the chile came out. (Reduce heat to 350 and bake until cheese melts.)
I cut the roasted chile into strips and divided them between the two tortillas after taking them out of the oven. Arugula, onion, and hemp seeds topped these tacos off. Chipotle cayenne vinaigrette was drizzled on top.
I may have shared this dressing recipe before but I will share it again because it's so yummy. Equal parts apple cider vinegar and olive oil, dijon mustard, and chipotle cayenne powder. I'll usually add a little bit of lemon or lime juice too.
I made a side salad for my tacos with heirloom tomato, onion, and anaheim chile.

No comments:

Post a Comment