Pages

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Summer Salads... Plus Some

Salads make a great summertime dinner option... especially if you want to have a little ice cream for dessert.  The possibilities are endless when it comes to creating salads depending on what veggies, nuts, fruits, or cheeses you want to add. It was a bit warm here today so the idea of eating raw crunchy fresh veggies sounded so yummy. I started my salad off with two handfuls of mixed greens. I added some cooked ground turkey I had leftover in my fridge and topped the rest of the salad with sliced onion, green bell pepper, carrots, feta cheese and salsa. I drizzled a little olive oil and fresh lime juice on top. This salad reminds me of a taco salad without the chips. Although that probably would have been a tasty addition.
 

I recently started reading A Life of Balance by Maya Tiwari. It's a complete guide on Ayurveda. Ever since I had hypnotherapy sessions with an ayurvedic practioner I've been interested in the practice. There is a lot to understand and I feel like I'm underlining almost everything I read. There are lots of recipes towards the back of the book which I will definitely be making and sharing soon.


I had to post this picture because I love this girl so much. Her name is Liona and I get to feed and hangout with her when her masters are away. Tonight we went for a nice walk in the beautiful neighborhood she lives in. My favorite part of our walk was when we passed a house with honeysuckle bushes along the fence. The smell is simply intoxicating and makes me smile.  I feel like this post got a little on the rambling side. I have been up since 4:30 am and worked in the kitchen as well as the shop today but this blog is called happy and healthy. Along with healthy food I want to share what makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment