Pages

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Veggie and Goat Cheese Omelet


I love ordering omelets when I go out for breakfast because I never have the patience to make them at home. I've tried a couple times and they always turns into scrambles. This morning when I got home from work I thought I would give it another try. First I sauteed some onion, zucchini, red bell pepper, and a tiny bit of chopped kale. Once that was cooked, I set it aside. I began to cook my eggs which consisted of two beaten egg whites and one yolk. I seasoned them with dried basil, oregano, and red chili flakes. When the eggs were just about done, I sprinkled some goat feta on top and added my sauteed veggies. I folded it in half and voila! I made a decent looking omelet. On the side I made a little salad of steamed kale topped with olive oil and hemp seeds. I got to eat my yummy breakfast off of my cool new Russian doll plate Amber got me for Valentines Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment