Pages

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Living Green Pesto Pasta Salad


Because scholarships do not honor the type of school I am applying to, I need to find other ways to raise money. I started entering recipe contests in hope of winning prize money. The picture above is a recipe I entered today. The idea of the contest was to create a healthy recipe using any or all green vegetables. I came up with zucchini pesto pasta salad. I was inspired during my trip to the farmers market yesterday. Fresh basil, zucchini, green onion, green bell pepper, and sprouted pumpkin seeds make an awesome alternative to regular pasta. Especially for those who are who are on a low-carb or gluten free diet. There's a lot more money to raise to stay tuned for more dishes I will be creating for these contests.

1 comment: