Pages

Monday, June 28, 2010

First Post, First Meal


The other day I heard someone say "let food be your canvas". One of my favorite things about food is just being able to create so many different combinations and concoctions. I have had a few flops here and there but each time is a learning process for me. I'm not too big on exact measurements when cooking. It's all about what feels right. 
As this is my first blog post, I thought I should base it around the first thing I ate this morning. I was craving eggs so I made a poached egg with sliced onion, micro greens, and almond butter on Julian Bakery spelt multigrain bread. This bread is wheat and yeast free and it's pretty tasty. The key with these kind of breads is to toast them... a lot. I love my bread very toasted and crunchy. It was a little messy when the yolk broke but as long as you have a napkin you are fine : ) 

1 comment:

  1. so excited that your blog is up. the sammie looks so yummy! can't wait to read your future posts :)

    ReplyDelete